PTE Listening Summarize Spoken Text Full Explanation with Answer
PTE Listening Summarize Spoken Text Section: The idea of this article is to walk you through each and every step that you need to follow to get high score in PTE Academic. So in this particular article, we are going to attempt the question together, work as if you are sitting next to each other solving this particular question of PTE listening summarize spoken text. While doing that you will understand how we arrived at the solution and discuss in detail. We will also learn the high scoring method which you can use in PTE academic exam for PTE Listening Summarize Spoken Text. So the idea is to create a classroom like situation where together we solve these question after which you can solve and practice other PTE Listening Summarize Spoken Text.
PTE Listening Summarize Spoken Text Detailed Guidance
Few basics before we start. In PTE Listening Summarize Spoken Text, you will hear 60 to 90 seconds long audio and then you will have 10 seconds to write a summary. The summary should contain 50 to 70 words.
There is a Summarize Written Text Question in writing as well, in that question you are supposed to write one long sentence. But in this case, you can write more than one sentences, provided it is within the word limit.
Steps to follow –
1. Listen to understand – First of all listen to understand, don’t just listen to capture the keywords. Listen to the content of understanding.
2. Take some notes – By that, we don’t mean to write whole sentences. Just small notes example note down the dates, words which you think are important, draw arrows between the words to show that they are related.
3. Pick the key points – Once you have done that, you should be able to identify to tell what the keywords are.
4. Join the key points – Join the key points to form a summary.
5. Review – Make sure at the end to keep some time for the review because at the very first time you write summary might not be perfect, there will be spelling mistakes, there might be grammatical errors or it might be about the word limit or you could have missed some key points. So keep some time at the end for review so that you can go back and improve your summary.
- #. – Listen to the audio and summarize it in your own words.
TRANSCRIPT (Only for reference, it will not be given in PTE Academic Test)
Small asteroids burn up in the Earth’s atmosphere and they give a wonderful fireball like this. They often also break up and people near the front and people near the front will be able to see that there are some blobs because this is already begun to break up. And maybe nothing from that will land on Earth. Maybe it will all burn up or maybe something the size of your fist may land on the Earth and it could go through the roof of your car which is not good for the car or it could go through the roof of your house which is not good for the house but it’s not going to kill 100s of people or wipe out life on Earth. These are couple of images of the one that came in over Siberia in the middle of February. This bottom one isn’t a good photo but I have included it because you can see it is beginning to break up into bits. Turns out this asteroid had a collision with another one and so was already quite stressed at the point it came into Earth’s atmosphere. As it comes into atmosphere it gets very hot, it starts burning, it releases gas and the gas can make the thing explode and that’s what happened in this case.
What was the audio about?
- Asteroids and what happens when they enter Earth’s atmosphere
- Not much damage done to Earth
- Example of an asteroid that landed
Did you capture these key points?
- asteroids burn up in the Earth’s atmosphere
- maybe nothing from that will land on Earth
- maybe something the size of your fist may land on the Earth
- it’s not going to kill 100s of people
- one that came in over Siberia
- beginning to break up
- it gets very hot, it starts burning, it releases gas and the gas can make the thing explode
Join these key points to make summarize spoken text
Asteroids usually burn up or disintegrate as they enter into Earth’s atmosphere. Due to this damage, they can do to Earth is very limited. The asteroid that fell in Siberia is a good example of this. The asteroid in Siberia was already beginning to fall apart due to collision with another asteroid. As it entered the atmosphere it’s temperature increased. This led to the release of gas which resulted in an explosion of the asteroid.
We haven’t mentioned “kill 100’s of people”, that’s an example but it wasn’t important because they also said that kill 100s of people or wipe the Earth. Instead of that you can summarize it by saying “The damage asteroids that can do to Earth is very limited”.
Review – In the end for the review so that you can pick on any missing key points, pick on any spelling or grammatical mistakes and if you have gone above the word limit or below the word limit. So to fix all these errors, make sure you should leave some time for review. According to our review, the first thing that we noticed is about the word limit, its almost 77 -78 words, so we want to make it briefer. The other thing we noticed is a grammatical mistake, it “it’s” so the way we wrote it with the apostrophe S (‘s), it actually means “it is”. But what we want to highlight is that its belonging to that atmosphere. So it should be without an apostrophe.
So in the second alteration review (Final Summary) –
Asteroids usually burn up or disintegrate as they enter into Earth’s atmosphere and thus the damage they can do to Earth is very limited. For example, the asteroid in Siberia was already beginning to fall apart due to collision with another asteroid. As it entered the atmosphere it’s temperature increased which in turn released gas which led to its explosive breakup.
To stay updated, like us on Facebook.